Artexte's research residency program — 2024-2025
Deadline: October 29, 2023 — 11:59 PM
As part of its research residency program, Artexte invites three researchers (individuals and/or collectives) from all contemporary art disciplines to explore the collection’s documentary resources and deepen their research on a particular topic. Research projects will be selected for their direct connection to the Artexte collection and institutional mission, while also demonstrating sensitivity towards the research interests and needs of the local and national art communities. Artexte prioritizes research projects that explore and value artistic practices and themes requiring more attention in Canadian art history and within art communities nationally, as well as projects that reveal and contribute to the accessibility of unsuspected or little-known documents in Artexte’s collection.
Artexte is committed to providing residents with research support and a workspace equipped with research tools (computer, scanner, photocopier). A research residency spans from one to three months, depending on the needs of each project. Artexte grants a $1,000 honorarium to selected residents.
Submitting an Artexte research residency application
- Applications may be submitted in French or English;
- Submit one PDF document containing all required documents;
- Name your PDF file as follows: Lastname_First name_ResApp2023;
- Submit your PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your application before midnight on October 29, 2023
Please respond to the following questions:
- How will my research project expand knowledge on a particular subject or practice within contemporary art or visual culture on the territory known as Canada? (maximum 300 words);
- What areas of the Artexte collection am I most interested in exploring during my residency and why? (maximum 300 words).
Documents to include in your application:
- A biography (300 words maximum);
- A resume or C.V. including name, address, and telephone number*;
- Maximum of three (3) press articles, if pertinent.
*Please include links where your previous artwork, exhibition, or writing can be accessed in your CV, if pertinent
Only selected applicants will be contacted. We value all submitted proposals, but being a small team, we cannot respond to all. We thank you for sharing your application and wish you the best in your research and projects.