Research and writing residency program for Indigenous artists, curators and researchers
EXTENDED! New deadline: June 11, 2023 — 11:59 PM
Thanks to the support of the Indigenous Arts Committee of the Conseil des arts de Montréal, Artexte is proud to launch a call for a research and writing residency on performance and/or media arts. For a period of three to six months, Artexte invites an Indigenous person from any area of contemporary art practice to explore its collection of documentary resources, to contribute to furthering knowledge and research on a subject related to performance or media arts.
Artexte’s collection documents the visual arts milieu since 1965 with a particular focus on practices from the territory known as Canada. Various types of publications can be found, which testify to the artistic practices locally and internationally, as well as ephemera such as posters, pamphlets, invitation cards, press clippings, and audio-visual documentation. For more information about the collection, please visit our website.
- 5 500$ research honorarium
- Support from a mentor selected by Artexte in collaboration with the resident and the Indigenous Arts Committee
- Access to Artexte’s collection and support from the team, including assistance from the art librarian and technician, in all stages of the research, as needed.
- Support and assistance with writing, as needed, with the possibility of disseminating the research through a publication.
- A workspace with a computer and access to a scanner and photocopier.
To submit your application in PDF format
- Applications can be submitted in English or French
- Submit one PDF document with all the required information.
- Name your PDF document as follows : Lastname_Firstname_ResApp2023
- Submit your PDF document to the following email address: email@example.com
Submit your application before midnight on May 23, 2023
Please respond to the following question:
- How will my research allow me to expand knowledge related to performance or media arts within the territory known as Canada? (300 words maximum)
Documents to include in your application:
- Biography (300 words maximum)
- Curriculum vitae, including name, address and telephone number
*Please include hyperlinks to access your artworks, exhibitions, or writing, if applicable.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. We value all applications, but being a small team we cannot respond to everyone. We sincerely thank you for your interest and wish you all the best in your research and projects.